Go Green on St. Patrick’s Day!
St. Patrick’s Day is all about the green! Along with wearing green clothes, hosting green parties, and eating green food, consider “GOING GREEN” this year! This year, make the green party theme more meaningful by going eco-friendly and using sustainable practices.
Here are 5 ways to “go green” for this year’s St. Patrick’s Day:
- Throw a green party: Throw an eco-friendly party! This year, try recipes with lots of fresh vegetables to make your meal green in color. Also, minimize waste by having a potluck and provide recyclable plates, cups, utensils, and napkins. Guests can also take their leftovers home in recyclable bags.
- Create decorations out of recycled materials: Create your own party decorations out of recyclable materials. Recycling old household items cuts down on waste and gives your kids or decorating crew a fun project to work on. If you need some help in getting your creative juices going, take a look in the recycling bin and take out cardboard boxes or green soda bottles and start decorating!
- Provide recycling bins for after the party: After throwing your eco-friendly St. Paddy’s party, provide recycle bins for your guests to use. Even if partygoers use eco-friendly and/or recyclable party materials, there will still be garbage or waste once the party is over. Make sure beer bottles and party decorations end up in the recycle bin at the end of the night.
- Plant something green: Add some more green to your home by planting seeds or making room for some potted plants. It’s eco-friendly and it adds a little pop of color to your property! Shamrocks and clovers are festive and a great way to get into the holiday spirit! Also, avoid buying new plant pots. Plant directly into the soil around your home or take advantage of leftover plant pots that often take up space in storage or in your garage!
- Fill up and reduce your emissions: When running errands and preparing for this year’s party, don’t forget to fill up your tank at Twice Daily Thrive locations. When you fill up with Thrive you are reducing your emission by up to 30%!
St. Patrick’s Day has always been green in color, but now you can celebrate the green in an environmental way too! Hopefully, these tips help you enjoy St. Patrick’s Day to the fullest!